This therapeutic group will address common feelings, experiences, and beliefs we have following challenging births. Participants will be supported in grieving the loss of their ideal birth stories while integrating the experience into a new definition of life and self. Each group will expand our self-care skills in our daily lives and teach the basics of embodied mindfulness for addressing the body response to challenging birth experiences. In a nutshell, each of the 6 meetings will not only be teaching important wellness and recovery skills but also provide a forum for processing in a supportive gathering of people who “get it.”
Challenging births will include but are not limited to:
- loss of birth plan
- lack or feeling of lack of consent
- loss of child
- early delivery
- NICU experience
- past triggered traumas (sexual or medical, for example)
- fears for health or well-being of child during the pregnancy, birth or postpartum periods
- fears for health or well-being of self during the pregnancy, birth or postpartum periods
- change of birth location
- protracted labor
- protracted recovery
- invasive procedures and more.
If it was challenging for you, it fits.
Note: Individual birth stories will not be shared in the group, but the impact the story has on our current selves and our ability to recall our births in an empowered way will be central to the process. No judgment. No fear that your experience is “too big” or “too small” for the group. Pure support for our current realities.
What can you expect? Participants will:
- Share common feelings, experiences and self-beliefs in a supportive group of others who “get it.”
- Be supported in grieving the loss of their “ideal” pregnancy and birth while integrating the actual experience into a new definition of life and self.
- Expand self-care skills and learn embodied mindfulness basics for healing from challenging experiences.
- Process and shift how you experience your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum memories through daily practices known to create positive change and growth.
- Practice yoga and movement that helps encapsulate and embody the themes of mindfulness and challenging emotions.
- Receive daily practices and resources for continued recovery support.
Participants will be pre-screened for readiness for the group format, and appropriate referrals will be made for those who need them.
Dates and Times*: January 24 – February 28, 9:30-11:30am
Fees: Beta Group Pricing of only $360 for 6 weeks; regular $420/6 weeks
Registration: At the button below
Pre-screening appointment: Please contact Renee Groenemann, MA, LPC, cIAYT at 513.289.6759 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and schedule your free 30-minute pre-screening.
*The group will continue to be offered, year-round, on Wednesday mornings, with new groups forming every 6-8 weeks.