CURIOUS? SPECIAL ONLINE SEMINAR
REQUEST THE RECORDING OF THE MARCH 26 AT THE BUTTON BELOW!
There was a special Zoom event for insomnia March 26, with helpful facts and pointers about sleep, details about the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy approach, and information on the coming 5-week series. Sign up with the button below to receive a recording of the live event. Participants in the live and recorded sessions will receive a discount code good for the April/May group series.
NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT!
CONQUER INSOMNIA AND DITCH THE SLEEP AIDS
A Hacking the Bodymind Series Event
I’ve tried everything under the sun, and nothing works. Can I expect results?
- This group is for those who experience problems falling or staying asleep or who wish to reduce or eliminate sleep meds.
- Based on CBT-I (cognitive-behavioral therapy for insomnia), an approach shown by Harvard and the University of Massachusetts Medical Schools to reduce or eliminate sleeping pills in 85-90% of patients.
- CBT-I has been endorsed by the National Institutes of Health as an effective and preferred way to treat insomnia.
- CBT-I is the only scientifically proven non-drug insomnia treatment. CBT-I significantly improves sleep in 75% of patients.
- This group is structured with ongoing support so that you don’t just “try” the methods, but you implement them with skill. Doing the right things for the right amount of time (sticking with it!) in the right order for your particular sleep issue will make all the difference in the results you get.
- Sometimes it takes expert support to help you find your path.
Five educational meetings and individualized support for creating your personal get-back-to-sleep plan.
Week 1: The Truth About Sleep–April 9
- looking at research & correcting negative sleep thoughts while keeping a sleep diary to assess sleep
Week 2: Medication Withdrawal & Sleep Scheduling–April 16
- education on how to strengthen the sleep system naturally through sleep scheduling and restriction and learning the facts about sleep medications starting med tapering techniques
Week 3: Stimulus Control–April 23
- implement daytime relaxation response techniques, implementing the 30/30 rule, and building a sleep association with the bed to increase sleep efficiency
Skip Week–April 30
Week 4: Taming Stress via the Relaxation Response–May 7
- basic relaxation skills, understanding fight or flight, implementing RR at bedtime
Skip Week–May 14
Week 5: Creating a Better Sleep Environment–May 21
- basic sleep hygiene including lifestyle practices that support sleep and creating an optimal sleep environment
- Register with the button below
- Free initial assessment—receive an intake questionnaire and complete a 30-minute intake call
- If you’re going to be tapering sleep aids, consult with your doctor about the CBTi approach (you will receive a letter with talking points) and sign a disclosure statement before the second week of the group
- Assuming the group is a fit after initial intake, classes start:
April 9, 16, 23, May 7 and May 21, 9am-11am
- Start by keeping a “30-second sleep diary” in week one and learning about sleep to shift negative sleep thoughts
- Start restructuring sleep and seeing results as early as week 2 (some find week one alone starts shifting sleep!)
Dates*: Mondays, April 9, 16, 23, May 7 & 21
Times: 9—11 am
Location: The Healing Space of Cincinnati; Wyoming, OH
*note skip weeks the weeks of April 30 and May 14